The Photographic Guide to the Birds of South East Asia is a collection of the birds in the mainland of SE Asia, including Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand, Malaysia peninsular, Myanmar and southern China.
Data on this website is used for developing applications which free for iOS and Android platforms, the product of many year's effort in collecting photographs and sounds as well as compiling detailed information of each species, including distribution range, and its appearance at the main birding spots.
With the Birds of Southeast Asia Guide Apps, you can:
- Identify species by searching name in different languages (English, Vietnamese, Thais, or Scientific name)
- Listen to learn bird calls
- Browse species in gallery view and filter by country, distribution range, shape, size, birding spots, colors, etc
- Play birdquiz to test and improve your bird identification skills with multiple-choice quizzes
- Record your observations with GPS tag and full information as a field-notebook. Post, keep lists and share your sightings with friends or convert to excel file for report writing.
- Download images and sounds to use offline
Vietnam Wildlife Tours & Research, the developer team would like to thank all photographers who have contributed number of valuable pictures to the database. Especially thank to Dr. Nguyen Cu and Mr. Le Trong Trai, the authors of the book "Chim Việt Nam, 2000. Nguyễn Cử - Lê Trong Trải - Karen Phillipps", who have permitted us to use the text of the book and allowed us to modify "status section" for the new updated information of each species.
Claims: Some of thumbnail pictures (95x71 pixel) of those species occur in Vietnam but we are still missing image were collected on internet for temporary use without mentioning credit. Many of voice recordings were collected from open source http://www.xeno-canto.org - We apology if there is any inconvinience, please contact us if you don't agree this situation.
All copyrights of photos belong to the photographers and can not be used in any pulications without the expressed permission from the owners, please contact authors (copyrighters) or administrator if you would like to use in any purpose.
This is ongoing project, we're continue uploading pictures as well as species account information. Please visit back to get more our updating
English and scientific (Latin) names in this product is following Clement Checklist version 2015 with updating. We are also reviewing for number of split species update by HBW and Birdlife International checklist 2017. Vietnamese name is following Checklist of the birds of Vietnam (Vo Quy & Nguyen Cu, 1995)